Moving Right Along
is a program that encourages safer, greener and more active travel for older South Australians. A series of Information Sheets provide information about:
- maintaining the ability to drive safely and effectively for longer
- the effects that ageing, medical conditions and medications have on driving
- maintaining mobility and preparing to drive less or giving up driving altogether
- motorised mobility scooters (also known as ‘gophers’)
- helping a family member or friend face the issue of reducing or giving up driving
- fitness to drive, the Driver Medical Assessment and Practical Driving Assessment
- the legal obligations of licensed drivers in South Australia.
Medical tests for older drivers to cease
South Australian drivers over 70 years of age will no longer be required to have mandatory drivers licence medical testing each year for their car licence.
Volunteers drivers have an important role in assisting residents of our community with the provision of transport to services and appointments they would not normally be able to access.