Angel Flight Australia
Service type: Non-emergency flights for financially and medically disadvantaged people to assist patients and carers to travel to and from medical facilities anywhere in Australia.
Phone: 1300 726 567
Who can access (eligibility):
- People who are financially disadvantaged with medical conditions in non-emergency situations, and their carers.
- Referral required from a health professional – GP, allied health professional, cancer council staff, nursing staff, social worker.
- 5 days notice required, to organise an available pilot and plane
- Passengers need to be mobile enough to be able to get on and off the plane by themselves (or with help from their carer).
- Health professionals cannot accompany patients.
Service Areas: Anywhere in Australia, depending on availability of volunteer pilots and suitable aircraft.
Other information: “Earth Angels” are volunteers who meet patients and carers at the airport, and provide transport on the ground to & from their medical appointments.
Medical tests for older drivers to cease
South Australian drivers over 70 years of age will no longer be required to have mandatory drivers licence medical testing each year for their car licence.
Volunteers drivers have an important role in assisting residents of our community with the provision of transport to services and appointments they would not normally be able to access.