In recognition of the difficulties faced by people living in country areas who need to travel to Adelaide for health reasons, we have compiled below a list of reasonably priced accommodation available to patients and relatives.
- Aboriginal Hostels Limited
- Bridgestone Australia Leukaemia Foundation Village - Northfield
- Country Cancer Support
- South Australian Country Women's Association
- Heartbeat South Australia - Heartbeat House
- Royal Adelaide Hospital - Accommodation for Patients and Relatives
- Women's and Children's Hospital Accommodation
Medical tests for older drivers to cease
South Australian drivers over 70 years of age will no longer be required to have mandatory drivers licence medical testing each year for their car licence.
Volunteers drivers have an important role in assisting residents of our community with the provision of transport to services and appointments they would not normally be able to access.